The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

EGR Question

deez

Upon inspecting my transmission for a bearing type whine, which is relatively new and from a popular builder, the mechanic noticed the top hose for the EGR was off. This is the second time this has happened. The hose seems to be a normal fit. Any idea why this is?

DarkDevilMMM

Ed, your car doesn't need to smog, why haven't you pulled all those hose off, cap the ports on the throttle body, and eliminate all the EGR crap? that's where you loose yout boost/vacuum...

deez

I do have some concern for the environment /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

deez

damn, all the pressure to pollute more. guess I might have to give in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quoting deez:
I do have some concern for the environment /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I agree with your concern for the environment, however it's highly questionable just how effective the EGR is at helping emissions. I've passed multiple sniffer tests without an EGR, passed with flying colors. My Dodge daily driver doesn't even have EGR from the factory!

deez

now the bitch is getting to it to put a block off plate on it

deez

Damn Kenny, you are the emissions Nazi!

Dialcaliper

Our EGR system is pretty primitive, and is marginally effective, plus it basically shuts off at WOT - The systems in newer cars are much better (and more complex, with filters and coolers to drop the temperature of the returned gas) and can actually help prevent detonation, since they can function at all times.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned