The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Transmision Issues

I just put 414 back together, click

I used the longblock that came with the car, and a transmission/xfer case from a 1991 AWD Talon parts car I bought.

The motor runs fine, and aside from some minor wiring issues, the car went back together well. The idle is all over the place, and it breaks up, but Ill get to that later after the transmission issues are fixed.

The shifter linkage only allows the transmission to go into 3-4-5 and reverse, the cable that moves side to side will not allow it to select 1st or 2nd.

I used the cable bracket that was on the transmission from the Talon. My question is, are the brackets from the Talon the same as a GVR4?

If not is there a way to get more adjustment than the at the shifter?

Last edited by a moderator:

ktmrider

If your Talon is a 90 model then the bracket is different.
There was a thread last week showing the differences in the 90 vs 91-94. Edit, here's the link click has more link for reference.
You can use the bracket but have to swap the cables too ( again if a 90 bracket ).

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned