The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1g lsd on the vr4

I have a 1g for a donor. The 1g has an auto trans. It has a different ring/pinion ratio from a manual trans in the rear. Can I use the ring and or pinion gears from the gvr4 or will I need to source a set else-where? F.Y.I-The entire rear is going on the gvr4.

Thanks
Jay

EMX5636

Yes, you should just be able to swap your vr4 ring/pinion (then shim it, or at least check it) onto the TEL stuff and drop it in. I'm assuming it's a 4-bolt, or at least an LSD 3-bolt?

You will also need to deleta all the 4WS stuff if you are using the DSM housing. The other way to do it is to swap the LSD stuff into your GVR-4 housing if you want to keep 4WS. There are a bunch of posts about this:
Post 1
Post 2
Post 3
Post 4

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned