The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

449 MAS from 95-96 Summit

2of9

These seem to fit the intake pipe perfectly. Has anyone ever had these in their Galants before? It's shaped just like a 2g mas with the only exception being that these mas don't have the side honeycombs like the other 2g mas. here is a link to how the MAS looks like.

click

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
See what engines it is used on? Not sure why you would want one designed for a smaller engine, especially when you can get a 2g maf or even a 3g for less or only slightly more.

Keydiver might have the details on these, but safe to say they are lower performing than a 2g or 3000 gt unit.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
1.5-2.4L NA displacement motor MAF < 2G/3G MAF all day long. The iceman is correct, as there is no way this piece will have the HZ range to deal with a forced induction motor and the amount of air it uses.
This would be a backwards move that would yield no results worth writing about. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Are we talking about the MAF from a Summit WAGON/Minivan type of vehicle?

Last edited:

2of9

yes, it's the maf from the Summit WAGON/Minivan. It just looked like it'll flow much better than the stock mas that the galants came in. I've got a 2g mas, but when i've got the 2g mas hooked up, the car doesnt idle as well(will obviously need a tune) but with the Summit Wagon/Van maf, it idles very nicely and I can feel a faster spool and much better response. Only shitty thing about this is that I don't have a wideband o2.

I've got the Summit maf in and it drives much better than the stock intake. spools faster and looks a little better. With the 2g mas, it fits with some customizing, but there is no room for the air filter. I was thinking about getting a Evo mas, but i havent seen one around locally yet. The Summit MAF seems to be working quite well actually for DD, I have not pushed the car to see it's limits yet because the car feels great as a DD right now, but I'll post some pics or videos of it if needed.

EDIT: I know it may not be as well as the 2g mas, but it seems to be driving and idling perfectly

Last edited:

A) Yes, it probably is better than a 1G MAS, with slightly better airflow, but
B) I have no documentation of that MAS, so you are completely in the dark as far as how to compensate for it. Without the side honeycombs it is probably only considered by Mitsubishi to be a 180 liter air meter, the same as a 1G MAS, instead of 240 liters for a 2G. So, it is definitely going to overrun sooner than a 2G MAS, and it will also have more pressure drop.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts