The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Ati damper, clearance issue

Telecaster

I'm currently installing a new ATI damper for the vr4. Basically it required me to do a timing belt job since it uses new crank sprocket. Another issue was that I had to heat up the hub sprocket in my toaster oven for 10 min to fit it on the crank. After that was done, I test fitted the pulley itself. The pulley didnt clear the body since the hub sticks out too much. My only option now would probably be to lower the motor. The timing belt mount is off already. So between the front or rear, which would lower the motor more to give me the most clearance? It would be a pain if I had to do both front and rear.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned