The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

eco/pwr switch

jepherz

Staff member
An anti theft deterrent would be something that encourages theft. Besides the basics, I can't help you as I have no idea what you're talking about.

14bCrazy

Double negative FTW!!!! I too don't understand what you want.

slobra

The previous owner of the laser I'm selling did it. I think it disables the fuel pump.

Also I think I put anti theft deterrent system in the forsale ad /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif oops.

14bCrazy

I'm guessing he ran the pump wiring through it so he could turn it off with the switch. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

jepherz

Staff member
ie. he ran the ground to activate his rewired fuel pump relay through the switch and grounded it up somewhere by the console. You'd have to test the switch with a multimeter to figure out which wires will work for your purpose.

Thats pretty cool me and friend wire his up to a turbo xs dual stage boost controller (eco=low daily boost) (pwr=high boost) thats the best use i can find for it thats pretty cool

14u2nV

problem is that now that you've asked about it, it is gonna be common knowledge that that's what it is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I hid my fuel pump kill button, and as far as safety, I'd avoid the p/e button for that and use it for lights or something.

turbowop

I would install a switch that's out of view, rather than one that's in plain sight, even though it doesn't say "fuel pump". I actually have a kill switch for the fuel pump on my Toyota pickup under the dash.

Hertz

Staff member
I've wired mine inline with the clutch switch. It won't kill the car (or you) if someone elbows it at a stop light, but will keep someone from being able to quickly (if at all) start the car.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned