The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Steel brake lines in conjunction with rubber lines?

One of my braided brake lines broke and I had to replace it with a rubber one. I totally bled the system and think I did everything right. Now the pedal is really spongy and it takes a split second from the time I press the brake to the time the brakes actually start working.

I'm assuming it's because of the one rubber line and the fact that it cant handle the high pressure like the others can. Just wanted to be sure I didn't slip up somewhere and mess something else up or possibly not bleed it properly though.

What do you guys say? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Sounds like you still have air in the line. A stock rubber hose should work just fine without doing that.

Flip4G63

did you bleed the ABS unit too?

and work around bleeding like you should?

I bled it in the proper sequence but didn't do the ABS unit. I've never had to bleed that before and i've done brakes on my car a number of times. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned