The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anyone used Nachi throwout bearing

Gimpin

I just bought an after market clutch that comes with a "Nachi" throw out bearing. Wondering if anybody has experience with it

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Is it all metal or metal and plastic?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I have driven a "notchy" tranmission before. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

mountaineerjeff

just make sure it is metal, I got my ACT kit but the bearing was plastic, which at best lasts for like 5k. so I went to Advanced bought the 'best' one they had. then I took my ACT one back to advanced in the new box. Yeah Yeah, I know its slimey, but it worked, and I told them it was defective so they sent it back instead of reselling it.

Dan D

OEM TOB has a plastic lined sleeve for smooth operation and reduction of wear on the input shaft. This is the prefered arangmnet. I've had oem TOBs last 90k miles twice (clutch failed first). An all metal bearing will exacerbate an other problems the driveline/clutch has and may require lubrication.

Probably the biggest difference between OEM and some aftermarket parts is the quality of the bearing and tolerance on the casing. The NSK build OEM parts is well made and some others are not.

G

Staff member
click

i2020109555nskkd6.jpg

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned