The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rear differential side bearings

I need to purchase new side bearings for my 4-bolt as the dif is getting noisey and could use a rebuild. I went on to rockauto to try to find them, and used the search for a 1994 Eclipse GSX > Drivetrain > Axle Differential Bearing > Taper Bearing. I'd give a direct link but the site dropdowns don't change the url. Here's a link to rockauto... click

Would I be correct to assume that what Rock Auto is calling the 'Taper Bearing' to be the side bearing that I'm referring to? I would also assume that these should be the same part for both sides of the differential?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'd like to order these soon.

-Chris

spoulson

I haven't had my rear diff opened to know for sure, but the side bearings are likely a taper design. FWIW, The transmission bearings certainly are.

Have you checked pricing with JNZ Tuning? For parts like that, I wouldn't want aftermarket.

Yes the diff bearings are a taper design.

MB393957 is the Mitsubishi part number.

belize1334

So you're redoing the bearings. Are you also planning to reshim? If so I for one would love to see pictures and a little writeup of your experience.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts