The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

to whom can help me please, bad jerking/sputter/loud wistle

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gifHey to anyone out there that know's about dsm's i have 92 galant vr4, i absulutly love the car and knew what i was getting into when i bought the car.its mildly modded fmic,610 injectors,walbro 255,16g,full exhaust,2g exh manni boost controller, im a gear head my self but cant seem to figure out this problem it has, its only set at 15 psi it ran fine then i started hearing a wistleing noise(not the turbo) i looked and found a boost leak at the j pipe gasket, fixed it, ran good for a little bit then started doing it again a loud wistle with a really bad jerking at about 4 to 4500 and sometimes 5k, could this be lack of tune? it has an Apexi safc but its the very first one they came out with with the push in and out turno knobs and i dont want it in the car any more . please let me know if you can help me i dont got much money but am willing to compensate someone in cash if you help me out, let me know thanks Juan. email at jdm4drwhiteinteg2yahoo.com

Sounds like you might have developed another leak.

Use a boost leak tester to help isolate where the leak is at.

Geoff

deez

that sure sounds like a boost leak to me also.

ugh you guys naild it! i took the j-pipe off and there it was, this is the second time i blew this gasket im guessing the j-pipe is bent /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts