The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

how do i remove headlights?

fastasleep

Got a boost leak at a coupler behind my driver's side headlight. It's been so long since I pulled them, I dont remember how. Help?

pull the grill unhook the hooks for the corner light. pull that out gently so you dont break it. there will be 2 i beleive 12mm bolts behind the grill and 2 behind the corner light

fastasleep

Yea, i figured it out. Theres actually 3 on the side of the corner light. I appreciate the response.

I just discovered I may be stripping the threads out of the intake manifold... Hopefully slightly longer bolts will hold it tight.

where at in the intake manifold where it bolts to the head? throttle body? did you strip the bolts or the threads. the manifold in aluminum i believe with steel bolts it would make more sense that the threads stripped. in that case you will have to drill the old threads out and either retap the hole with bigger bolts heli coil them or just get a new manifold(there cheap). if they stripped where it bolts to the head then its either the bolts or the threads in the head

fastasleep

A portion of the threading in the intake manifold (at the TB) stripped out. I believe it was caused by using replacement bolts that were too short, ie holding the TB elbow and TB onto the mani by just a few threads, which were under too much pressure, causing them to give out. I replaced them with longer bolts all around and they all stayed tight; however, it still eventually leaks under boost leak testing between the TB and elbow. I'd like to get a completely redone TB from throttlebodys.com eventually, so I'm holding out for that to replace the gasket I think.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts