The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

QUAD PAC COP

G

Staff member
click

I wonder how hard it would be to make this work with our ignition? Maybe have jmf whip up a plate for our valve covers.

I think the trick would be to figure out where it is getting the proper cam or crank signal information so that it fires at the proper time. It would almost have to intercept the CAS signals. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I'm thinking that it would need 2 gate switches that would decide whether the ignition signals from the ECU get gated to drivers for cylinders 1 and 3 on one rotation, or cylinders 4 and 2 on the next rotation.

1990ggsxnj

I know people have done this already.. Just seems to be hidden.

Perhaps this thread will help.

click

G

Staff member
Yeah key, it is plug & play for evos so the wiring is what i need help with. The plate should be easy.

I've never played with an EVO, but if their CAS is the same as a 1997+ 2G DSM sensor, that would make the pulses the same polarity as our CAS pulses, which would make it rather easy to adapt. You should try talking to the factory, and see if they can give you any overall schematic of how this thing taps into the existing harnesses.

curtis

G the secret is the cdi box there using. Evo's want run wiring them up like our cars. I know I've tried.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned