The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

scanmaster 3...

okay.. its able to be used as a wideband.. but i need the o2 sensor and something else.. what else do i need?

No, I don't think so. It will display the AFR if you connect the 5 volt output of a wideband O2 setup perhaps, but that's about it. Any wideband O2 out there needs the proper associated electronics with it to be useful, and the Scanmaster does not contain that circuitry.

okay i figured that, but in my instructions it said i could use it with the innovative sensor and control box thing. I guess ill just find a quick used one.

Quote:
and control box thing

Exactly, that's the point, you still need a wideband control box. You can't just hook a wideband O2 sensor to the Scanmaster. It needs to be a sensor with the appropriate electronics/control box designed for it.

yeah, thats what i was trying to say. If i got the wideband o2 sensor and the wideband control box, could i run that to my scanmaster and use it as a guage? Im sorry if i confused or did confuse you with my previous post.

Quoting keydiver:
It will display the AFR if you connect the 5 volt output of a wideband O2 setup perhaps, but that's about it.

According to Fullthrottle's site:
"Analog inputs: On the rear of the unit is a 3.5mm jack for connecting two 0-5 volt external signals. These signals can be displayed on the Scanmaster as well as logged to a PDA/PC. If a wideband Air/Fuel signal is connected, the Scanmaster 3 can be configured to display Air/Fuel ratio as the default display. The analog data can be displayed as boost (2 bar, 2.5 bar, 3 bar) and Air/Fuel ratio."

So, my statement above still applies. You can use one of the extra analog inputs on the back of the ScanMaster and have it display the AFR *IF* your O2 box has a 0-5 volt output to connect to it.

i see...

im just going to buy a seperate wideband tomorrow. thanks for the help jeff.

Keep in mind that one of the main reason that the FullThrottle guys included that feature was that you can buy some stripped down widebands that do not have a gauge, just a 0-5 volt output. So, if you plan on using the Scanmaster you might save quite a bit by buying a model where the gauge is optional, but has the 5 volt output you need. I can't recommend specific models off the top of my head though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

A jaw wideband can do just that. If your pretty handy with a soldering gun you can get the controller for 45, the sensor for 60, and then just run your wires. otherwise you can get the LC-1 without a gauge for not to much. click

click

is this the LC-1 kit i would need? this is the first example.. but something along the lines of this? hell its only 200 bucks and thats what i was looking to spend.

also airmail 96, i sent you a message.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts