The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

91 galant problems

well i bought a 91 galant vr4 ran ok i guess but now i have a problem it idles like at 1.2k and wen i drive and accelerate around 3.5k to 4k it likes to bog or stutter just seems like it wants to die but after it gets passed 4k it runs fine can u guys help me out dont really know much bout dsms

jepherz

Staff member
Sounds like a huge boost leak. I'd do a leak check and then chime back in with results.

well i might sound dumb ass hell bro but how should i go round doing dat bro??
just wanna get this car running good cause everyone seems to talk bad bout dsms and ma friends told me not to get the car but i like it u know

1. Its not a DSM
2. Check out the VFAQ site. Tom has TONS of good stuff on there on how to troubleshoot issues:
VFAQ.com
Like this link on how to build an intake leak tester:
Leak tester
Are you getting a Check Engine Light? The first thing you should get is a good logging system, so you can see what the ECU is seeing. It helps troubleshoot these types of problems quite a bit. The high idle could just be the BISS being misadjusted:
BISS Adjustment
Or it could be that the idle closed switch on the back of the throttlebody isn't working.
Does the car have mods? We would need to know what mods it has, as they might be causing the problem.

well no i dont got a check engine light lets see mods its got a rebuilt engine around like 15k on it with cleaned out head nippon pistons bored out .20, stock rings and rods 2gas mas / with custom cold/air ram intake,EVO 3 manifold (with a pre-tap EGT) spearco front mount,Big 16g turbo,Walbro 255 high flow,Earl's high flow fuel filter - 35 micron
6an fuel line feed
6an fuel line return
680cc PTE injectors
polished fuel rail
Apexi NEO AFC 3rd gen
Aeromotive fuel regulator w/fuel psi guage
and i got a another ecu with Keydiver chip just installed dat i dont know if maybey i need a tune it was tuned before i installed the ecu

rgeier11

U shud check dat new tune on the ECU. You got a logger bro?

yeah i do but again i have no idea how to use it i got the pocket loger and a cd with tha software but i cant open any of the files on it...

Is the chip setup for the 2G MAS and the 680cc injectors? Are you running the base fuel pressure called for with the chip? Does the fuel pressure drop 7-9 psi when you connect the vacuum line to the AFPR?
Did you buy the Pocketlogger from pocketlogger.com? If so, you can download it again here:
Pocketlogger.com

well i wen i bought the car guy gave me the da datta logger and all the stuff dat i guess comes with it and a cd and it says datta logger software but wen i put in the computer nothing pops up and its says i cant open it...
as for the ecu it came with some extra chip one six said all i had to do is plug it in it came with a paper dat said wat they did to...
7500/6000 selectable stutterbox
default is 4500 rpm
a/c cut out
rescaled mas
640cc injectors/264us deadtime
knocksum gauge
fed/awd
2X karma
anti stall code
44 psi base fuel pressure
upper image has 11:1 A/F AND EXTENDED PUMP GAS MAPS
LOWER IMAGE HAS 11.5:1 A/F AND RACE GAS TIMING MAPS
E943 GVR4 NO FUEL CUT
4250/4500/17500/5000/5250/5500/7800
STOCK 2G MAS
ENHANCE CLOSED-LOOP MAPS
SHIF CE LIGHT AT 7000RPM
800RPM IDLE
NO AIRFLOW CAP
RESCALED TRIMS
FIXED 2G IAT MAPPK+CODE
DUAL IMAGE
AND AGAIN DAT CAME WITH THE ECU SO I DONT KNOW

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts