The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Quick ? about Turbonetics 50 trim with Precision hot side.

HHIVR4

Im helping out a local guy with his Talon (1g) and he has an older Turbonetics 50 trim with a Precision hotside (Mitsu style) and we are having trouble finding the proper wastegate actuator.I called MAP and they couldnt really give us an answer on it but they do sell the newer Turbonetics turbo and the Precision hotside option but couldnt come up with a p/n since its an older version.

Anyone have any idea of what p/n we need.The standard mitsu actuator wont fit its way to short.I was thinking we could find one with a long arm and bend it around the cold side to fit but its going to need to be atleast 3in longer than the standard mitsu actuator rod.

If someone has ran into this and has a clean looking solution please chime in.

Thanks

I have a PTE5031..... I just converted it to an internally gated unit. I bought the internally gated housing, and PTE wastegate actuator.

Dunno how relevant that might be to your issue cause I dont know how much larger/smaller your cold side is

vr4play

I have a turbonetics 50 trim with a bullseye power hotside w/internal gate. I bought the actuator from them. Fit perfect when the turbo was clocked for a 1g, had to modify a bit to fit the way I have the turbo clocked.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned