The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

clutch slave

14u2nV

A while back, I seem to remember a discussion about different colored inserts for the slaves, and it seems like it was between red and green? I have a green and blue? Am I just imagining things, or are there three different ones? Also, what is the difference between each?

mikus

just for the record, where did you get it from?

• 'red' is 3/4 piston
• 'green' is 11/16 piston

Color isn't 100% anymore - my last one was 3/4" and gold, I'd expect yours here is 11/16".

I put in an aftermarket unit once where the line into the slave was moved to the other side. I didn't know to look then but bet it was 11/16... If you buy a unit and see the line's on the 'wrong' side, I'd not use it. I had a heckofa time adjusting it in, and it failed in

Last edited:

14u2nV

The blue came from JNZ, I used it to rebuild my slave last year. don't know where I got the green, it may be what I replaced.

Hertz

Staff member
Another thing you might want to try out that Curtis suggested, remove the restrictor from inside the fluid line in. It's a little cap with a hole in it and a spring. Doesn't effect travel, but helps bring the pedal up faster after shifting.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I would still consider that a green. The "red" ones I have seen range from red to pink. Also, Japanese don't clearly distinguish between green and blue like we do. I have heard some of them call traffic lights (the "go" one) blue.

I prefer the smaller of the two, as it gives you more stroke for the same fluid displacement.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned