The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Cut out issue. need some help

Flip4G63

Feels like a spark blow out..

Things i have looked at and replaced.

Wideband DOES NOT move when cut out happens.

Base fuel is at 41. (dont have AFPR)
BPR7es plugs ive ranged gap from 32 (how it was when i got the car) down to 26 and 25 still nothing changed.
replaced coil pack
wires
fuel filter

Ive been working ALOT of hours at work and am just not really thinking well on this.

Any one have any ideas to try?

I really dont think its fuel related due to the fact that the Wideband is dead on 11.7
and the injectors where sent to FIC less than a year ago with a clean bill of health. cleaned and flow tested. 850cc

i'm running 93 oct as well

Tuned with a chip with AFC on back up but nothing set on AFC (Wes Hess road tuned the car) no guess work on the tune.

Any more info needed?

Last edited:

Flip4G63

never said "regapped" but a diff range. I replaced every time. at under 2 bucks a pop there easy to throw away lol

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts