The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Front O2 sensor is acting up

mko

Ok, when it wasn't so cold out 30-40 deg, I was getting code 11 /upstream O2 sensor/, but i never had any problems and i was getting good milege. I'd clear the code, but it would come back after a day or two. Now, when it's 8 deg outside the CEL hasn't been on for 2 weeks. What's going on? Can anyone explain it? Sensors are 3 months old.

ktmrider

Ummm, you got a 91-92 GVR4? If not this site will be thin on info.
Sounds like a 2g+ DSM/MMC vehicle to me, we only have one O2 sensor near the turbo.

Code 11 is the correct code for OBDI cars. Depending on what he is using to read the code it may say "upstream" even if there is no downstream sensor. 2G cars are OBDII and would have a code like P0200 (not the exact code, but thats how they are numbered.) As for why the code would disappear in cold weather, I'm not sure.

ktmrider

Doh, I focused on the wording and missed the Code 11.
Log the O2 output and report what you see for both hot and cold.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned