The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Is this new or rebuilt (oem mitsu trans) from JNZ

Struc

Sure looks like a AWD tranny for a 95-96 car to me, at a price too good to be new.

Yeah, the link doesn't work. Go here and put the Part Number in:

JNZ OEM Site

atc250r

Staff member
Yes, the R stands for reman'ed. The part number should mean that it was rebuilt by mitsu and delivered to JNZ already done. I don't see any reason not to use it, the 2G trans will fit right in.

John

If it is a 2G trans you want to be sure the front diff gear ratio is the same as the unit you have in your 1G. 2g trannies came with 2 different gear ratios and if that is a JDM unit you have even more possibilities as far as ratios go. You want to be 100% sure the ratio between your front and rear wheels are correct or you might be looking for another tranny in short time. I would ask them what the front gear ratio is to be on the safe side. Shoot, if you are lucky that may be an EVOIII trans! If so, you would have to swap over your front diff output and ring gears, but other than that it would be pretty neat.

Jack

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned