The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What should I log?

14bCrazy

My car will not start. I have DSMlink what should I be look at to solve the problem? It turns over fine but will not start and every once and a while to back fires. I have zero CE codes.

mistaVR4

I don't have DSMlink but it sounds like your timing may be off?

89coltgt

Check your timing and fuel settings.

Last edited:

EMX5636

Not saying there isn't anyone who knows Link on here... But why don't you try the DSMLink forum? You may get quicker setup replies. Just a shot.

ghostinthevr4

I agree with EMX also try this link if you can't get help on the forum right away click Good luck and Merry Christmas now get the VR-4 running. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14bCrazy

Quoting EMX5636:
Not saying there isn't anyone who knows Link on here... But why don't you try the DSMLink forum? You may get quicker setup replies. Just a shot.

I might do that but the reason I tried here is because there are a bunch of people on here that I respect and have been into these cars for a very long time. There is next to nothing that the members on here don't know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

ktmrider

Check the timing like suggested, the backfire and no start are classic symptoms.
If good check the coil items ( igniter and coils ) then the CAS.
Last have you had your ECU capacitors checked/redone?

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts