The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Front spindle bearings

14u2nV

Has anyone replaced these, and if so,, did you take out the center race or can it even come out? I pulled the whole hub apart, got one outside race and seal off, the ones closest to the studs are still there, just didn't get them yet. Inside the spindle is a double-sided race I'm guessing, but I can't figure out if it comes out or not. I don't want to beat on it if it doesn't and fubar the bearing tracks, but I want to replace it if feasible.

CP

Front wheel bearings? I had NAPA press new ones in for $15.

mean_green

Yeah Im in the middle of replacing my front bearings while I was doing the 5 lug conversion.

The inner race does come out but It's quite the task, Ive been angry for at least a week straight messing with that thing. Theres a snap ring that holds it in and once you get that out of the way you need a press or a three hooked puller you can Mcgyver something up with....

-Alan

V8EATER

What works easier than a puller is to lay some fat welds down on both sides of the race, and pull with those. There really isn't enough edge on the race to pull with a puller.

jepherz

Staff member
Maybe we could make an exchange; I press out your bearings, and you do some powdercoating for me at cost :)

14u2nV

might be able to work something out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned