The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Header options

GIjoe

I remember a few months ago I asked you guys about my boost problem and somebody said that I should also check my exhaust header for cracks. Well I didnt check it back then, but since I changed the O2 sensor last night, I had to take off the heatshields and guess what, my header is cracked. There are also some welds on it, so somebody already tried fixing it.
My question is, what would you guys recomend? Im thinking of getting an EVO III header but Im also considering on buying an aftermarket one..
Any suggestions? Is the EVO III header a direct bolt-on?
thanks

tsiboy

you have to grind the driverside edge of the flange that connects to the head a little bit otherwise it wont clear other than that its direct bolt on.

-alex

3rdstrikedsm

evo 3 will make 600whp so there is no need to go any other way

TylerAdamson

An FP manifold would also be a good choice. They are running a group buy right now or you could buy mine. Either way you can't go wrong. Even a ported 2g would suit your needs and are less pone to cracking.

dsmer06

If you call forced performance they have ceramic coated manifolds for 265 shipped. If that's too much check around in the classifieds, evo3 manifolds go for really cheap used.

the fp is very very nice. I love mine.

eb96c7c6.jpg

no mods bolts right up.

GVR-4

2g is good, Evo III is better, FP is best. Let your budget be your guide.

onesickcrx

^ agreed look for a group buy and pick one up its a nice peace

G

Staff member
Agreed fp made a killer mani:

dsc00307jy6.jpg

GIjoe

Thanks for the input guys. Im really considering the FP mani...Ill look around for an EVO manifold to see how much that is and then ill decide.
Maybe a new FP mani is more worth it though. Eventhough the EVO manifold might be cheaper, but its still used and like 10yrs old...or this doesnt really matter that much?

Quoting dsmer06:
If you call forced performance they have ceramic coated manifolds for 265 shipped. If that's too much check around in the classifieds, evo3 manifolds go for really cheap used.

265 not much more than a new evo3... Just do it so you only need to do it once. The fp is a nice upgrade over the evo3 anyways.

boostedinaz

Quoting GIjoe:
Thanks for the input guys. Im really considering the FP mani...Ill look around for an EVO manifold to see how much that is and then ill decide.
Maybe a new FP mani is more worth it though. Eventhough the EVO manifold might be cheaper, but its still used and like 10yrs old...or this doesnt really matter that much?

You can still buy new EVOIII manifolds. They are about the same proce as the FP mani, but aren't as nice. Just buy the FP and never have to worry about it again.

GIjoe

Thanks a lot guys. Im convinced, ill get the fp mani begining of next month.

DNP , the best header I have ever owened.. Around $300 new you can also find em used on tuners

G

Staff member
Oh noez not toonerzzz.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned