The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

rear caliper

14u2nV

Anyone know of a diagram to take one apart? Do they sell rebuild kits for our calipers? Caps didn't help.

Dan D

The service manual shows how and rebuild kits are still available, but it's a lot of hassle when you can get a fresh rebuild for $60-$80 from a parts store. I rebuilt one several years ago only to have something else fail on it. I replaced it with one from partsamerica and it was so much easier to deal with.

just my $0.02

14u2nV

Yeah, I just hate to pitch these. I have a pair of spares I was gonna try to rebuild, but guess I'll just go ahead and keep them for cores.

Quote:
but it's a lot of hassle when you can get a fresh rebuild for $60-$80 from a parts store

I second that. But I'm always too pressed for time and changing it out for a rebuilt one was too easy. In fact I did both sides while I was at it because there was no reason not to expect the other side to do the same thing about a week later, just out of sympathy.
Mike R.

Hertz

Staff member
You wouldn't have to pitch it, I think they're needed as a core if you buy a loaded caliper replacement.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts