The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

VC AN Fittings W Catch Can Setup...

mean_green

I've really been thinking about redoing an extra VC I have and would really like to do the AN fittings on it and then do a sweet catch can setup off of that.

My question is how do I shop for these AN or NPT fittings? Can anyone explain or have a link or something that can get me pointed in the right direction?

Thanks
-Alan

mean_green

The problem isnt really WHERE to shop but HOW, I dont know how you read the desc. of the fittings. I mean obviously there in inches and but I dont know what a -8 looks like or how that size compares to -6 or what kind of fitting I need to use with the VC.

I live in MT so I dont have much resources to find out like going to a automotive place and grabbing a few of these and seeing what might work best. I have nothing to go off of first hand if you get what Im saying.

-Alan

89coltgt

Most guys that do this have some an bungs welded to the vc, like these click

You will have to figure out on your own as far as buying them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

turbowop

You may not have much to go off of locally, but neither did I when I built my car. You have the internet, which is more powerful, IMO. Wikipedia AN fittings for a quick tutorial on them, then search DSM related boards to find what others have done.

mean_green

Thats what Im trying to do, use the internet. Im posting on here first to see of anyone can give me a shortcut while I search else where as well.

The wikipedia help was exaclty the thing I was needing. Thanks

-Alan

GVR4_1057

The dash number is the inner diameter in eighths of an inch. Example,-8An is 8/16 ID which is 1/2" -6 An is 6/16 which is 3/8". Ans as far as outside the -8 AN takes a 7/8 wrench. anplumbing.com has tons of parts listed and is a good resource on what is available.

BoostedAWD91

i have 10an fittings welded to my valve cover and im currently at JMF having a custom catch can built to run this setup that is designed for a vr4. Ill post pics later of setup once its finished.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned