The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

4 bolt rear resto

G

Staff member

Last edited:

atc250r

Staff member
That sucks. I was somehow lucky enough to end up with a really clean one out of a 1G DSM. I don't know where the car was from that it came out of but even the alignment adjustment bolts were clean and rust free.

John

G

Staff member

Last edited:

Flip4G63

these things are cheap from the factory brand new why not buy one?? with the money and time you spend trying to get that one back to "new like" you coul dhave a new one or two

3rdstrikedsm

What kind of dip? Who does something like this?

Flip4G63

acid dip or something like that. alot of people do it to old cars there restoring to make sure there is nothing eating at it thats hidden..

I dont know the tecnical name for it though.

3rdstrikedsm

Quoting Flip4G63:
these things are cheap from the factory brand new why not buy one?? with the money and time you spend trying to get that one back to "new like" you coul dhave a new one or two

Got an idea on price?

G

Staff member
How much does one cost new? It's called pickling. (acid dipping).

Flip4G63

i dont remember the price off the top of my head but it was being talked about on this forum a few days ago.. its well under the 200 mark range. for the whole sub frame to include new bushings and all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3rdstrikedsm

Wow are you serious? That is almost hard to believe, I am going to have to look in to it now. Do you have a link by chance?

Flip4G63

i am really trying to find it.

There where a few guys that posted about it.

I would not know my subframe looks like this after a wipe down such as this.

PB150136.jpg

PB150135.jpg

west texas FTW. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Flip4G63

dang man i cant find that thread at all.

I remember reading it a few times like WTF that cheap but i cant remember what the op was about

dmj

go to any MITSU dealer should be about 250.00+ tax or call JNZ they will hook you up, cant remember the part # though.it also comes with the bushings so u save even more money.

Last edited:

G

Staff member
pART #? I wonder if it's the same part # as the ggsx?

3rdstrikedsm

We talkin tel subframe's? I would bet gvr4 is diffrent.

MB515380

$183 from JNZ

That's Galant VR4 specific.

Surprisingly the DSM crossmember is more, $264. What would the difference be? I'd be tempted to buy a new Galant crossmember for my Talon if it's only $183 and comes with new bushings.

Last edited by a moderator:

3rdstrikedsm

I am sure shipping from jnz would be real exp, I will just check my local mitsu stealership.

gtluke

The galant one has a couple extra brackets welded to it to hold some 4ws crap.
Thats nuts that they are that cheap.

On a side note I saw a new gen Camry on a flatbed coming back from being acid dipped. It seriously dumbfounded me for days that someone would want to do that. I'm still completely confused by it.

G

Staff member
Quoting dsm_drew:
MB515380

$183 from JNZ

That's Galant VR4 specific.

Surprisingly the DSM crossmember is more, $264. What would the difference be? I'd be tempted to buy a new Galant crossmember for my Talon if it's only $183 and comes with new bushings.

what's the # for the ggsx?

GGSX is same part number as DSM: MB515381

Also, while this should contain the bushings, the "stopper" between the subframe and car body is apparently not included (MB584140), nor is the bracket between the subframe and nut (MB584645).

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned