The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Autozone slave cylinder ok?

1badgvr4

Just wondering if I should wait to get an oem one but the zone one has a life time replacement.or should I just rebuild it?

Andy_S

I had an autozone one. Worked fine for the time I had the car. It was a stock clutch so I am not sure if a heavy clutch would make a difference.

boostx

Just make sure you get the Galant 2.0 turbo one.. I made three trips to the store before i got the right one.

mikus

I've bought one before and will not again.

It may work fine but I'd ask myself, is it worth $20 more to make sure I have the right part 1st time, and to only do the job once?

atc250r

Staff member
1G DSM slave is the same and works fine. I have an AZ one in my car for about 20K now. I forget which years to order for the big vs. small piston. Big piston = lighter pedal but less travel at the fork. Small piston = heavier pedal but more travel at the fork (theoretically less chance of grinding on shifts).

John

1badgvr4

Ok got a slave for the car, but how do I bleed it now that I have no pressure in the system.If I pull the pedal up then open the valve and pull back up on the pedal then it will just suck air in.

small jar
small hose (preferably clear) that fits snug on the bleed screw
new bottle of DOT 4 brake fluid

Fill the master resevior. Fill the little jar about half. Put hose on bleed screw and other end submerged in jar of fluid. Pump clutch pedal several times. Refill master. Pump several more times. Crack open the bleeder ever so slightly and leave it that way. Pump pedal several times. Close bleed screw. You will probably notice air bubbles in the jar. The air was forced out and clean brake fluid was sucked into the cylinder in its place. Repeat this a few times and your clutch pedal should be bled perfectly.

1badgvr4

Well I was by myself so what I did was get a long bar pushed the clutch down and got the bar cought on the seat and cracked the valve open.I pulled this own slave off another one of my cars and when I did alittle spring popped out from under the boot.I left it out and everythig works, and now I can get into first gear but of still grinds if you try to shift with some quickness

Usually if you push the clutch pedal all the way down with the bleeder open, the pedal will stay at the floor. Close the valve, pull the pedal back up and repeat.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts