The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

2G head porting

Kenny_Kline

Bowls have been ported and blended. Anyone that has a seen a 1G/2G head bowl design knows what was done. If not, there is a huge lip on every valve seat that disturbs the flow of air. Not to mention the bowl area has so many imperfections, it hurts the flow. I had the seats cut to +1mm over and had my buddy port the head (www.candcperformancefabrication.com) Now the bowl walls flow perfectly with the beginning of the valve seat increasing the flow of air dramatically! Intake side on left, exhaust side on right. The flow design is most important on the intake side as that's the direction the air flows in where as its not that much of a deal on the exhaust side but did all 16 valves anyways. All that got done to the intake runners is the side casting build up was taken down and the opening was gasket matched. Other than that, the intake runners were left alone to give the air a swirl to it to mix with fuel correctly. The exhaust side will be ported by me tomorrow.

Before:
valvebowls.jpg

After:
2gheadblend.jpg

2gheadblendclose.jpg

blah.gif

i wouldnt recommend trying to port the exhaust side yourself unless you have some previous experience.

what you have there looks pretty good, just stop while youre ahead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned