The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

anyone fix a safc ?

anyone know where the apexi safc can be fixed? the blue screen doesn't come on but the lights around the joystick come on and yes it had been wired correct! but i got it second hand and screen never came on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Wizardawd

Try opening the unit and making sure the power plug is fully inserted. Seen it a lot when people launch and it goes flying or someone was in a hurry to sell it and just yanked it out of the car. Other than that, its gonna be a bit more expensive fix.

Wiz

ya iv checked that, there is some brown crusty stuff on the board i think a diode might have leaked?does this happen much with these? just wondering if there are any cheep fixes before i send it back.

Last edited by a moderator:

ohmegamike

Take a look at the solder connections to the fluorescent display. The display is the biggest component in the SAFC and it may have vibrated it's solder joints loose...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned