The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rear Camber Adjustment Range

CarRacer

I'm working the bugs out of my suspension and trying to get everything squared away.

I have a large amount of rear camber after installing coilovers. It's about 3*, as measured with my long acre bubble caster/camber gauge.

How much adjustment is built into the stock bushings? Reading other threads hasn't enlightened me, other than learning Whiteline makes a bushing kit.

Thanks.

CP

Check with Jesse on the Whiteline kit. It may be NLA for our cars given Whiteline's recent decision to stop production for lots of GVR4-specific stuff.

Someone on here was having some beefy upper control arms fabricated for the rear, about a year ago. The Ingalls units are also an option, which I haven't had any structural issues with on track.

H05TYL

"how much adjustment?"

2/10ths of not very much at all.
Even at only 1" lower than stock height there's barely enough adjustment.

CarRacer

Thanks, I sent Jesse a PM for a set of WL rear bushings.

CarRacer

Yeah, I'd appreciate any help you could offer. I'm pretty sure I have heim joints left over from the racecar. It's doubtful I'd want something like that for a DD though.

What would you recommend Karter?

kartorium

isn't your GTI the daily?

I would just make a set, but if it is really gonna get daily use then try to find the whiteline bushing kit. It works well and the car has to be really slammed to not bring camber back within spec.

I would stay away from ingalls.....however, they would work, just not the strongest option.

Last edited:

CarRacer

The GTI is the daily for now. It's all relative too, seeing as how the VR4 has coilovers. Not really DD friendly.

Heims are too maintenance intensive for a DD, not to mention the salt problem in winter. The WL bushings are 2-3 months out as well.

Hmm. How different are DSM bushings?

thadirtybird

Well buddy, if you are intereted in what "I" would say are the "best quality" rear camber arms of all the different styles and brands that "I" have seen (about 3 differnt ones) then I would say to PM Andre owner of PINA Motorsports and pick up a set of rear camber arms from him. When I was there a few months ago he only had a few sets of arms/bushings left, he had one less after I pick up my set. I will also say, that being what "I" would say are the best quality of all the others they are also the most expensive of all. After I bought the arms I had them powder coated gloss black, the arms a true sign of HIGH QUAILTY work.

just my .02

Robert

CarRacer

Ill see what Andre says, but I discovered SGTDave's post in the "eBay control arm" thread.

I should be able to source those relatively cheap with my circle track contacts. I'll have to do some more research.

atc250r

Staff member
How low did you go with the car? Mine is pretty low in the back and with just the stock camber bolts I was able to get it to around -1.5* and still had room to go further. In fact, when I detailed the DSM rear subframe before I put it in, I set all the adjusters to center. When I put the subframe in the car I actually had to add negative camber so I'm not even half way towards positive and I'm at -1.5*. Did you try adjusting what you've already got? Everyone is so quick to spend money on suspension parts to fix a problem that can be corrected by adjusting the factory bolts.

John

CarRacer

I have not made any adjustments yet. I wanted to see if it would be worth it to try the stock bushings. One person said I wouldn't achieve the needed adjustment.

I believe you now that you've provided a better explanation. I'll try the stock adjustment. Thanks John.

atc250r

Staff member
Cool. I hope it works for you as well as it did for me. I also hope you can actually get them to move. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

CP

Check the condition of the stock bushings while you're at it. Mine were all deformed and wasted.

atc250r

Staff member
That reminds me, the rear arms on my car have poly bushings in them. That might be helping to give me the range I need since they don't deflect, they actually move the tire out like they should.

John

CarRacer

Well, best case I utilize the stock bushings.

Worst case, (most likely with a 200k chassis) I make a set of adjustable arms and trash the stock bushing.

atc250r

Staff member
You'll still need to get rid of the rest of the stock bushings in the other two rear links.

jepherz

Staff member
I ordered a set of whiteline camber bushings when I installed my suspension, but found that I didn't even need them for adjustment. Keep in mind, like John said, I replaced all of the bushings though. They are cheap.

CarRacer

Can I source DSM rear bushings or does the AWS require VR4 specific bushings?

/newb question

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned