The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What is that??

Muntermugge

I found this part on the fuel line on the Ecplise GSX, when i scrap it.?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
See pictures.. And there was nothing plug to it.
Never see it before? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

GVR4_1057

Could the car have had nitrous? It looks like a fuel pressure safety switch. Not needed if not running nitrous oxide.

It looks like a fuel pressure sending unit to me. Someone must have installed a pressure gauge in the dash at one time.

Polish

Quoting Muntermugge:
There was not nitrous on it?

He is saying there could have been Spray (Nitrous) on it in the past, or as Jeff said it could have just been a sending unit for a Fuel Pressure gauge the car once had.

Hertz

Staff member
Hmm, interesting that it is on the return side. That wouldn't be 100% accurate, would it?

Polish

His arrow looks to be pointing at the inlet side of the rail, unless I'm seeing it wrong. (Very possible)

CarRacer

Yeah, looks like the filter side to me. Things could be different considering his cruise box location. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I'd vote on a fuel pressure sender tho. Unless it's a swapped motor, I'd think it's unlikely someone ran nitrous on a stock intake mani.

Muntermugge

Okay.
Thanks for all you help..
I think it's best not to use it on my car, and throw it away /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts