The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

low vacuum

I just bought a vr4 with a few mods, and it seems to have really low vacuum. The car has 272 cams an hks vpc, hks gcc, hks evc. ect. It had a horrible idle surge when I picked it up and I reset the timing and idle and it went away. I did a boost leak test and found a crack in the smim.

I re welded that and it still has low vacuum and tries to die when I let off to idle at a stop light. My question is, could a cam be off a tooth causing the low vacuum and causing it to run funny?

turbowop

You didn't say what readings you were getting for vacuum, but they are lower with 272's. My car idles at 750rpm and pulls roughly 10in/hg at 1100ft asl.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned