The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

No start. HELP

Flip4G63

Ok..

bone stock 1990 Eclipse GSX

I swapped in a known working motor (from my car) into this one.. i pulled the whole running motor and dropped it in didnt mess with the timing belt at all.

Its getting spark and fuel. WTF?

swapped 2 CAS's brand new BPR7 plugs @ 27 i drove this car to my house with a cracked block and just put the motor in and now no start.

I'm stumped! mabe some one can think of something i havent.

some one help figure this POS out.

Flip4G63

yup 90 ecu.

ive tried the cas abotu 20 times thinking that was the issue its good.

How long has the motor sat? It may be having problems building compression. Have you checked the compression? Try putting a small amount of oil down each cylinder to see if that helps seal the rings to get compression up.

Flip4G63

compression numbers look good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I'm getting code 14 and 41 now though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif f***ing car.

Flip4G63

Yea i know.

I looked it over and all was good it tested out fine. cleared the codes and they havent came back.

I'm lost. Ive done everything i can think of. i have good fuel and spark.

Ive swapped ECU's, plugs, wires,

it sounds like a timing issue but i cant find it. timing is dead on.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

Flip4G63

Fucked up wire.. FTL

It's running and running good thanks for the help!!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts