The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

evo gauge install

anybody install all the gauges that come on evo 8's? i see how the vold and boost work. but will i be able to use an aftermarket water temp or oil temp sensor for the temperature one?

Brunoboy

I was wondering that too, the Oil temp sensor or whatever has a special adapter/prong on it.

3rdstrikedsm

The evo oil temp sender is the drainplug itself so yes it would work. It is just a drainplug with a wire and a connector on it.

Brunoboy

Quoting dsmer06:
I've looked before, but how accurate are their boost gauges?

my homeboy has it in his Evo VIII, seems to work just fine, always goes back to zero, Vacuum is the same, and boost is always the same.

and Are you guys saying the Evo drain plug works with our cars?

anybody have a part number? maybe a price? cant find the one with the plug on ebay lol

mooserage

Staff member
The evo sport gauge kit is sold only as a single piece (all 3 gauges and harness), trust me I KNOW. If you call the dealer they will just tell you one part for the whole kit. Of course the last time I checked was before they officially released the exo X, so something may have changed since then. Your best bet is to try and find one on evolutionm.net, people are constantly parting out their evos. Sorry, and good luck.

Last edited:

no problem. i just wanted to have all 3 and the mounting plate. i have 2 and would like to get the third. guess volt and boost will have to do.

Brunoboy

Its cool because they are OEM Gauges, but they only came in the MR and the RS Evo's. MSRP I think is 350$ for the gauges and mounting bracket. and thats a good Thing to know about the drain plug. Thank's for the Info.

only thing that sucks is the boost is in bar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif this is the only reason i didnt want to go with this setup. But they are sharp looking gauges.

AWDnot2

I keep a hand written conversion chart in my center storage compartment. The only crappy thing about the stock boost gauge is that it only reads up to 1.5kg/cm2 (21.34psi)

IncorpoRatedX

I have these gauges in my evo... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

IncorpoRatedX

oh and this gauge set generally goes for 300-400 IIRC

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned