The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

AFPR question

Jostar

Is fuel supposted to come out of the vaccum port??? when i unplug it fuel come out of the vaccum port & as soon as i put it back i think it stops, I think it stops cause as soon as i take it off it's dry then 3 seconds later it starts coming out again..

GVR4_1057

That is not normal. It sounds like your diaphragm is bad.

BoostedAWD91

yeah looks like ur regulator is junk, u definatly shouldn't be getting fuel out of the vac port. what kind of regulator are u running?

That is def not supposed to happen. that means you are running fuel either into the fuel solenoid (if you still have that), or you are running fuel right into the intake manifold.

like stated above, the diaphram seems to be FAIL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hertz

Staff member
That happened to me in 2001 @ ~145k miles.

Yet another reason why you NEED to have an AFPR if you're modding.

Jostar

Quoting BoostedAWD91:
yeah looks like ur regulator is junk, u definatly shouldn't be getting fuel out of the vac port. what kind of regulator are u running?

It's a Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator... I bought it from a member here a few months ago & i never installed it..

GVR4_1057

Pull it apart and look at the diaphragm to make sure it is still good.

Jostar

I wonder if they are, It seems to stop when there is vaccum apply to it & as soon as you take the vaccum hose out it takes about 3 seconds for fuel to come out..

GVR4_1057

It is probably a small leak. When the vac is on the fuel pressure is lesser so no leak, as the vac decreases the fp rises and it leaks. I have gotten a spring from aeromotive before and they are very easy to deal with in fact I think they sent it free of charge /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif. I 'll bet you can purchase a replacement diaphragm. I do not think that would be free though. Let me know what they cost if you can get them.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned