The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Help lost key

14bCrazy

Can a dealer make a new key for our cars using the Vin#? I came home today early so that I could put the thing back together and I CAN"T FIND MY KEY!!!!!!!

They should, any locksmith can as long as you provide registration or title

atc250r

Staff member
When I worked at the Mitsu dealer they needed the following to make you a key:

1. Your VIN

2. The registration

3. The owner with his license with the address matching the one on the registration

Some people would get all pissed off if they didn't have all the stuff and we wouldn't make the key but the bottom line is that it is not only for your protection, it is ILLEGAL to make you a key without the proper documentation.

John

Yes... you'll need everything atc250R stated, and the stealership can cut a new key.
If they know you, then they should be able to cut one with just the VIN.

GVR4_1057

By lost do you mean that you drop kicked your keys into the woods after your car broke again.

14bCrazy

That would might be it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

GVR4_1057

Maybe you should do your own version of "Will it blend" with your galant keys. I have been pissed off enough to do it at times /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

14bCrazy

The closest dealer is 40 miles away but I got two now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned