The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Under chassis tar removal

I only know of one other member doing this.
Unfortunately he isn't around anymore.

Does anyone who may know how have any insight into how i can go by doing this?
I'm open to ideas.

14u2nV

I'm cleaning out my wheel wells using a propane torch, a scraper and a lot of elbow grease. I've seen some chemicals that will do it quicker, and will probably try that soon. Other end, if you freeze it, you may be able to chip it off. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

mean_green

My buddy and I both have EF project cars and we just used wood chisels and rubber mallets.

If the car is stripped down enough you can even flip it on its side, lol. Thats what we did to get better access. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

G

Staff member
Wire brush + high speed grinder or drill.

14bCrazy

When we removed it on our race cars we used this.
click

14bCrazy
+100 on the "crud thug," I swear by it. Windshield sealer, underbodies, paint, Even topical rust; basically anything you want off of metal w/ destroying the metal. IMOP the SS wheels are best and worth the extra $!

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned