The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Flywheel?

Lancer99

How would I go about takeing off my flywheel with no power tools around?

Scoops

Olson

Dorm grip :p thats how i do it and a wrench

number3

Rent the tools.

Barnes

Just brace the flywheel with a piece of straight steel, and use a breaker bar. That's how I always do it.

Sean92AWD

Thats how i always do it too. Except for one block that actually twisted the steel. I was rather amazed. I saved the steel for memories haha. But the others i have done the steel method has always worked.

Lancer99

Motor is out of the car right now and laying on my garage floor waiting to be put on the engine stand. I tried locking it on the other side but it just turned upside down almost.

Scoops

gvr4ever

I once used the largest pry bar I had and braced it between the floor and the raised mounting points on the flywheel. You can slip it between two of the mounting points and the ground. You have to use pressure to keep it in place tho. Kind of hard to do solo.

It works, but I recommend renting or buying a electric impact gun.

the flat steel plate method still works when the engine is out. you just need someone to hold the engine and keep it from rolling over. I have used a standard L-bracket from a hardware store, then bent it into the proper shape, and drilled holes where needed. I use one of the upper trans bolt holes on the block, and any of the pp bolt holes. works like a charm.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts