The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Where to get t-body rebuilt?

3rdstrikedsm

any suggestions? I would like to go oversized. And I will double check and stake the shaft screws per Terry's problem. I guess I learned a valuable lesson from that even though it sucks that it had to happen that way.

atc250r

Staff member

Polish

I do not get why people don't do this themselves. It is so freaking easy and saves so much cash. DIY gets my vote.

And the slight bit oversized is a joke imho, just leave it.

There are 2 throttle bodies for 4G63's. Stock or if you make big power the Q45 tb.

Last edited:

jepherz

Staff member
I'd agree with you polish, but he also mentions he'd like to go oversize. Normally "rebuilt" just means replacing the seals.

steve@ throttlebodies.com did a awsome job on mine..

Image005.jpg

went with the over bore to a 63mm.. checked all the sensors and only had to replace the off idle switch, but everything else was a 100%. It does stick a little bit but i figure i just need to drive her hard and it will fix itself.

Polish

Quoting jepherz:
I'd agree with you polish, but he also mentions he'd like to go oversize. Normally "rebuilt" just means replacing the seals.

I also soaked mine, got all the grime off, cleaned/tested the sensors, readjusted them to give proper readings, MADE SURE IT WAS GROUNDED (Gtluke ftw), new seals, cleaned the spring deal (It was caked with crap), and so on.

I saw the oversize mention but I think it's a waste and very dangerous, not worth the risk imho. People here and on the DSMlink board have had the screws come out and F the motor, not cool.

Just my .02.

Nothing wrong with Steve and many people use his service, I just don't see it as needed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4thStroke

Are there any TB rebuild kits sold online? Or is it just piecing the parts together separatly?

I messed up my TB shaft trying to get one of the screws out, anybody got one laying around? I may just drill and tap, but if I dont get it exactly right, the valve may not be centered as well as it should be.

3rdstrikedsm

I wonder about the screws and what plate he uses? Terry did he rebuild and bore yours?

iLLeffeKt vr-4

My NT throttle body was rebuilt and bored out by Steve. Awesome job and will do it again if I have to.

Hksvr4

Quote:
Steve does a Awesome job and will do it again if I have to.

Fixed.

mooserage

Staff member

Quote:
Quote:
Steve does an Awesome job and will do it again if I have to.

Fixed.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif And yes, he definitely does, I love his work, worth every penny.

Last edited:

3rdstrikedsm

I have chosen to rebuild it my self and not go bigger with the bore, I just can't risk loosing 8k worth of motor and turbo from a 15 cent screw.

stevep

Then make sure to stake the screws down when you put them back in.
Don't over clean the butterfly, the gunk around the shaft area on the backside it to help seal it. Make sure to remount it exactly the way it was or you make have problems getting the idle right. It doesn't take much extra air leaking past to cause surging and high idle problems.

Luke

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts