The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Quad throttle bodies 4G63T

vrfour_nz

This setup was originally for a customer that wanted a VR4 4G63T put in a Starion.Quad throttle bodies off a Nissan N14 GTiR Pulsar SR20DET motor.I have made up a adapter plate that is cap-screwed to the intake manifold and then ported/blended to suit the 4G63T flange pattern.One of the advantages was that the SR20DET has the injectors mounted to the intake manifold and the 4G63T has the injectors mounted in the head,great for running staged injectors.Will work good on the rallycar one day when I build a open class motor(planning a unrestricted 4G62T)..it has a idle bypass perfect for antilag too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

boostedinaz

Now that is an awesome way to think outside the box.

GIjoe

Quoting kryger:
that is awesome

+1!

CarRacer

Whats the benefit of 4 TB's over a single one in a turbo application?

I know it's really nice in a NA motor, I'm not sure if that carries over to turbo applications.

Nice work though, not trying to take away from that.

Wizardawd

Sean Glazer was running ITBs on his talon. He also used to sell it, but it's not on the site anymore.

Wiz

Bimmubishi

aerial_engine.jpg
Bill did this on his 240sx. It makes tuning a little more difficult since it is possible for one cylidner to be getting more air than another, moreso than a single body setup.

CarRacer

Holy crap, is that engine set back enough?

bazeng

I believe when tuning a quad, it changes things significantly..
With a single TB, you primarily require the use of the MAP sensor for all your WOT work..
But with quad, because of the constant pressure due to the MAP sensor being located before the butterflies therefor constantly seeing boost, you need to work with and tune alot with your TPS and transient into your MAP...

Would quads not help with equal flow to each port if done correctly...
Response should also be improved..

I like your thinking man!..
Get it on the dyno and let us know how it compares to a standard setup...
What's the diameter of the runners?
What about plenum volume?

curtis

Nice I'd like to see dyno results of these I bet drivability off boost really goes up. I've ran this through my head lots of times just never made it there.

I built this one for a friend of mine for his NA stroker supra. Still hasn't finished it but 15:1 3.67 liter or something like that, its a 101 mm stroke , dry oil sump etc etc, he's on the 10 year plan.

He found a RB26 plenum and 3 dual T bodies from there he had a intake flange cut as well as the flanges for the T bodies I just welded in tube in between, since your in an area of cool parts in your local scrap yard these might be something to look for.

mean_green

I love ITB's! Nice work guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

vrfour_nz

I have all my notes somewhere for volumes,flow testing etc..you will notice on the plenium in the pics that the far runner/number1 has a angle tapering towards it to increase airspeed,I was thinking a symmetrical intake into the centre of the plenium would be better,also individual bellmouths would improve.Yes the drivability and response will be improved..partial throttle will be outstanding.Detail of the manifold will show it has adjustable rose-joints to join the linkages between the ports to equalize,there is also airbleeds per port.The map sensor signal will be run off a seperate minature runner that joins all 4 cylinders together.These can be a challenge to tune..should be worth it though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gifQuoting bazeng:
I believe when tuning a quad, it changes things significantly..
With a single TB, you primarily require the use of the MAP sensor for all your WOT work..
But with quad, because of the constant pressure due to the MAP sensor being located before the butterflies therefor constantly seeing boost, you need to work with and tune alot with your TPS and transient into your MAP...

Would quads not help with equal flow to each port if done correctly...
Response should also be improved..

I like your thinking man!..
Get it on the dyno and let us know how it compares to a standard setup...
What's the diameter of the runners?
What about plenum volume?

1gnasty

that is a nice looking adapter i will also like to see dyno results on it

steve

Very cool! Its cool to see new/different/unique things being done still.

Al, nice pie cuts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned