The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Ralliart viscous coupling revealed..

vrfour_nz

If any of you run plate lsd's front and rear in your VR4,you will know that understeer can be a issue..especially on tarmac with rally tyres /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif The ralliart viscous coupling RA737828A1 is what I have used in my rally car..given details on the box +30% 23.1KGf/100rpm,has transformed the car when pointing into corners! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
u

G

Staff member
Is that ra # the part #?

Bimmubishi

Anyone know anything about this one?

DSCF6686.JPG_960.jpg

G

Staff member
What's that #? xd ????

the million dollar question is.... where can i get one?? i do live about 45min away from dsg.. hook it up alex /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Dialcaliper

That's awesome. $780 at the current exchange rate is cheap compared to a plate or helical center diff, or about comparable if you throw in the cost of a 4-spider - is that price delivered to your shop or the catalog price from Britain?

Also, +30% would mean a brand new OEM VCU is 17.8kgf/100rpm, before it degrades

Our final drive/front diff ratio is 3.545 compared to the WRX's 3.9, but even still, that's miles better than the stock, or even the moderate "STI" VCUs (10kgf and 12kgf - ours would be the equivalent of a 16kgf (21kgf for the Ralliart unit compared to the 20kg JDM STI VCU) due to the gearing difference. The stock subaru VCUs are really pretty pathetic it sounds like.

Last edited:

click

i just found that link... hmmm anyone have a ralliart catalog with parts for the vr4?

"At Text Spares, we stock thousands of Mitsubishi Ralliart Parts right at your fingertips. You can now search for your own Mitsubishi Ralliart Car Parts Online, order them, and have them delivered directly to your door without leaving the comfort of your armchair."

thats what i am talking about.. ill pay to get whatever shipped from the uk.

vrfour_nz

This could be a early Group A viscous..I remember the motorsport viscous couplings being numbered like thisQuoting Bimmubishi:
Anyone know anything about this one?

DSCF6686.JPG_960.jpg

vrfour_nz

The ralliart part number actually refers to a Evo 1-3 CD-CE9A Lancer Group N viscous coupling..I can enquire with ralliart nz if anyone is interested..

Last edited:

3rdstrikedsm

check with Adam at devo tuning he used to deal with them. I remember one he had in his shop. He also knows where to send them to have them altered.

Just came arcoss this thread and was wondering if anybody can tell me what mine is. I had been told it may be a ralliart unit. The numbers on it are XD373828. It also has 92.4.21 no.5 on it.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Bimmubishi

I have a Ralliart one in my dogbox. It might still be different than the above one since there is a motorsport version as well as a upgraded street version. The one in my box won't physically fit onto the syncronized box shaft. It is too wide.

Any news on this ? im in the market for one of these are they still available or does anybody have a second hand one for sale ?

Are these still available ? im in the market for one dooes anybody want to sell one ????

I have also heard of people making their stock VCU stiffer.
How exactly is this done? And who does this service? These things are sealed right? Not sure how such a thing can be performed really. In fact I doubt the info - although I have heard of it more than once, so I guess it's worth asking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts