The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

galant won't start

fastasleep

My galant won't start. It's been sitting for about 1.5 months.

New BPR6ES plugs, gapped down to .026
New xact wires
New optima red top

Every time I check the plugs they are wet and covered in a dark dirty fluid. All I can figure is that my 880s are dumping way too much fuel, and it's killing it. Would turning down my FPR help?

Whats the CURRENT base pressure set at, and what other electronic do-dads to you have on the car?

ie, S-AFC, Link, MAF-T ?

What are you tuning with?

If you are using dsmlink make sure the global and dead time are set per the dsmlink wiki.

Check to see if there are any DTC's. Remember not all codes throw a light. CAS is one of them. Check to make sure your MAS plug, CAS, plug wires etc. all are tight.

Did you try jumping the car? or pop starting the car?

Do you have gas in it?

have you did a compression test and a leakdown test?

is everything plugged up correctly?

does the car turn over fine?

fastasleep

I disconnected all the injector clips, checked for spark on all the plugs. All were firing. Put all the plugs back in and cranked it with the injectors still unplugged and it started to run for a couple seconds lol. Thats how much fuel was dumped in there...

My base fuel pressure was way to high. 40-something with the vac line hooked up. I lowered it to about 25 with the vac line hooked up; 35 unhooked. Which is what my keydiver chip is set to if I recall correctly.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned