The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

AEM TwinFire Ignition Module = Junk/Do Not Buy

So, I finally get around to installing this thing. Everything is setup in the car, double and tripple check the wiring. Try to start the car, sounds like it wants to go. Then nothing. So I give it a few more tries and still nothing. I start checking everything and sure enough the fuse is blown.

Ok, so I replace the fuse and give it another shot. As soon as I turn the key boom the fuse blows again. Now this is a brand new unit. It has been in the garage for 1 month while I was tuning the car.

So I start doing some poking around and it seems that this is a common problem for these units.

Here is the Thread on the AEM site, where the AEM Techs will not post anything.
Twinfire blows fuse at key-on

So if you are still thinking about buying one of these please do not. I will have to mail this back to AEM and deal with their bullshit. Feel free to ask me any questions.

cheekychimp

I was told a long time ago that the only three CDi boxes that are worth sh*t are Motec, M&W and Autronic. All built down under. The guy I spoke to wouldn't even rate MIS or J&S stuff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I went with M&W as did Bazeng I believe, he helped me source mine.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned