The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

4ws lines ... AGAIN

ercp98

my 4ws lines are crack at the same place as the picture shows. can i just plug the rack where these two lines are coming out of and remove all other lines? when i checked, i can not really see where these line connect to. i could not tell if it comes back into the rack or just connects to the lines going to the back wheels.

i search but most of the 4ws threads does not show these lines being plug at that location.

thanks for any help. sorry for the redundant queries.

jepherz

Staff member
Pretty sure neither of those lines are related to 4ws. If you can trace the two high pressure lines that ARE for the 4ws, and that line is neither of them, then no, you can't remove them.

jepherz

Staff member
At second glance, that must be the driver's side of the rack? If so, then no, neither of those lines are for 4WS. The 4WS lines connect to the passenger side, and the center of the rack.

ercp98

yes, that is the driver side. those lines go to the passenger side of the rack. all those line have cracks. if i can't plug it up, then how do i fix this with out resorting to a new rack?

atc250r

Staff member
The two lines that go from one side of the rack to the other are available from Mitsu (at least they were). However, IIRC you need to pretty much drop the rack out to get them out. If you do I wouldn't bother fiddling with the GVR4 rack, just get a 1G DSM one and that will make it easy to axe the 4WS.

John

Last edited:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I had to replace one of those lines this summer, but I can't tell or remember if it is the same one you are pointing out. Had to lower the rack significantly to get it out, but did not have to remove it completely. Need crowsfoot wrenches for the job preferably.

The line was available this past summer anyway.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts