The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

clutch bypass problem

I went in to to the clutch bypass today and found that it had already been done. Strange, I still have to push the clutch in to start the car. I checked all the connections and they appear to be sound. The only criticism I have with what was done is that very small wire was used, approx 25AWG wire. Any ideas?

jepherz

Staff member
Clutch bypass? I assume that you mean not having to push the clutch in to start the car...

To do the bypass, you just have to disconnect the switch at the bottom of the clutch throw. If there's another wire tapped in there, it's probably for an adjustable rev limit.

Correct, I have a Keydiver ship for my 6000RPM NLTS, 5000RPM stutterbox, and slightly higher rev limit. The connections are made according to Jeff's(keydiver) instructions. Clutch still has to be pressed in to start the car. If I unplug the plug at the clutch, the car will crank but not start.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts