The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Gas light help

Diego

hey guys... need help so lets help.
uhm gas light doesnt come on anymore did before i parked it for tranny issue.
previous problem was the needle doesnt even move so it stays a lil under half tank..

whats the easy fix for this...
is it relay related or something else? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

sounds like the arm on the sending unit may be stuck. Pull it out and take a look.

solidviper89

i have another question didnt want to start a new thread...

my light turns on even with full tank, then turns off randomly when it get below 1/2 tank, then it turns back on when its low... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Its been like that since i bought it! i dont even car for that light anymore! My gauge is accurate, ask me how i know ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

BoostedAWD91

the float arm on ur sending unit sounds likes its stuck or its shorted out.
like jesse said check the function of the float arm and then the wiring and go from there

Terry Posten

My light was always on but very dim. I just pulled the bulb. Problem sovled because the gauge worked good.

Hertz

Staff member
Quoting BoostedAWD91:
the float arm on ur sending unit sounds likes its stuck or its shorted out.
like jesse said check the function of the float arm and then the wiring and go from there

I thought the float arm only controlled the level gauge and a different sensor/float was used for the idiot light.

I would suspect a bad ground/wire.

jepherz

Staff member
Yeah, that's right hertz. You can see what he's talking about if you just remove the sending unit.

BoostedAWD91

could be true, i figured since the float was used for the gauge level it would be used for the idiot light as well, guess i was wrong there

Diego

well its been like that since i bought it.. the level STAYS at like 1/4 tank and never moves... there is a wire unhooked in my trunk that runs my wally255 (rewired) so maybe thats my ground i asked a buddy of mine if he knew what the random wire was and he didnt have a clue maybe its my ground ill check it out tonight..
what should we normallly get for mileage on a full tank?? 230mpt??

oh and mods can anyone pull up any info on 1309's previous owners.... i want to see more post of my car... cant find any... its been over a year and change since ive owned this car and never was able to find info. thanks

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned