The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Another Clutch decision

Olson

I'm in the need of another clutch. With my new found power I'm blowing off my bastered setup Exedy pressure plate and a ACT street disc.
Im running a evo 3 16g and nothing more than a 18g so torque will be in the 300-350 range.. i think.
Car is a DD/ HPDE/ auto-x car.
I will not go with a ACT again I've had to many problems with my last one.
Jake
Sorry if this has been discussed before

brisvr4

I'm running a clutchnet 6 puck disc with a 2x pressure plate that I got from Jesse (rvlutionMtrsport).
Springs are nicely encased so they can't fall out!
Drives like a stock clutch and handles my 50trim at 30psi with no problems at all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If you decide on the clutchnet unit support a member and buy it from Jesse!

Olson

Quote:
I'm running a clutchnet 6 puck disc with a 2x pressure plate that I got from Jesse (rvlutionMtrsport).
Springs are nicely encased so they can't fall out!
Drives like a stock clutch and handles my 50trim at 30psi with no problems at all

If you decide on the clutchnet unit support a member and buy it from Jesse!

hmmm this might be a good way to go. I wonder if Jesse is still doing some car stuff since he got out of it.

Rausch

^ He is, just call him or email him...I think he left contact info in anything goes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Olson

Sweet
It wont be till later anyways im broke at the moment for the next few months

The ClutchNet is a great clutch. I'm also loving my redesigned ACT. I will admit that in the past I felt the 2600 was too stiff and the hub design could have been better. ACT has improved on both these. I'm running a 2900/street disc in my Galant and so far it's awesome! Smooth engagement really easy to drive. With the new motor I've just been doing around town driving to break it in so no launches or track experiences to report back. I'm 100% satisfied though... Either way you go, ACT or ClutchNet, I'm still in business and would be glad to help you out when you're ready.

Olson

Jesse
I think i had the old style 2900 and had alot of problems with it. I have a street disc right now and just might step up to a 2900 pressure plate.
I'll be sure to hit you up when the time comes

Olson

i'm one of the few that had problems.

GVR4_1057

I Have had an ACT street disc break springs and fall apart on a relatively low powered galant. The slowboy street discs are much nicer and more durable IMHO.

i just put and exedy street disc in my gvr4 seems nice so far but i only have 1000 miles on it. as for ACT i blew a 6 puck apart in my 300zxtt shifting hard into 2nd, it only had 1500 miles on it and when i called them and told them it blew up they basicly told me to go f@*k myself so im done with them.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned