The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Help with these wires

vtecds1

Does anyone know what these wires are for? I`m assuming it has something to do with the starter or ignition? I forgot which one is ground/power or if they are both ground??? I was installing a circuit breaker for my battery in the trunk mod and I got Alzheimer’s with the wires. One of them has a black wire with a yellow stripe and the other one(covered with the wire loop) is black with red. Gut feeling tells me that the one with the red is power but I`m not 100% sure.

vtecds1

Ok...which one is ground and which one is power? They`re technically both black. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Is the one with the yellow ground or the one covered with the loop ground?

Last edited:

GVR4_1057

Black/yellow stripe is ground

vtecds1

Thanks fellas!!!

14u2nV

why didn't you just touch each one to the chassis, and see which sparked. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif the black and yellow just bolts to the starter bolt, and is also attached next to the battery.

vtecds1

^^^I`m too scared it will start to fry some wires or start a fire. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif It happened before on my 1g when I tried to install my turbo timer. Smoke started to come from under my dash. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Scared the hell outta me.

I actually had the black/yellow hooked up to the power on the circuit breaker and the black(with cover) to ground. It kept tripping the breaker and a small puff of cloud came up. Thats when I decided to just get some opinions from the board members of what they think the wires are for and which is which.

btw...The car finally starts and no smoke. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts