The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Turbo?

Lancer99

Okay guys I need help on which turbo to buy. Well I finally got a chance to start ripping apart the GVR-4 and do some major work that I've always wanted to do for like the past 2 years. Anyways I'm looking to get the car's power between 400-450whp, so what kind of turbo will help me get there? As of right now my plans to help hold that hp is 4bolt rear end, bigger front mount and piping, hopping to switch to the gm mas, 550ccs injectors, 250 pump, chip the ecm and get it socketed and capped, maybe cams and a built head, new clutch and flywheel, drive shaft by AMS, brakes, strut bars and sway bars, and other little things here and there. So from all that what kind of turbo you think will help me out?

Scoops

dsmtalontsi95

I don't think 550 are gonna do 400hp. For your goal I think a 60 trim would do, maybe even a 50 trim.

Lancer99

So what kind of size injectors would you suggest and would I get away with a 20g? I don't know trim size very well.

Scoops

Andy_S

Get the biggest injectors you can afford. Even if they are bigger than you need, you will have some safety room instead of running small injectors at a high duty cycle.

OldHairyBastard

I would say a 20G or a small 50 trim and at least 650's to leave a little room maybe 750's just to keep the duty cycle down. If you want a little more then FP Green.

thecman02

Well I'd say the FP Green will probably get you there the easiest. Anything less would require a well put together system... (cams,SMIM, etc.) You would probably be able to eek out the power you want with the green. Smaller turbos can reach that range, but they are working pretty hard, and there usually is many supporting mods to help the engine flow the air.

thecman02

Ohh and since you said you weren't very familiar with the turbos/trim sizes. The FP Green is basically a very nice quality bolt on 50 trim. A 50 trims are usually good for 400-500 hp. 20g's are smaller then 50 trims and usually good for 350-450. 18g good for 325-425 hp etc. Those are just very LOOSE power ranges.

Lancer99

I was thinking about the 20g mainly. But I know once I get a taste of that kind of horse power I know I would want more just like the rest of us.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts