The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

KYB AGX ?

2of9

Well...I used the SEARCH button and none of this came up about the product or item number for the KYB AGX. I was looking at the KYB AGX product number and we have the same shocks and stuts as the 1g? i just want to confirm this just to triple check. the fronts are 734005 and the rears are 741014. both numbers are matching numbers for both the Galant VR4 and 1g TEL from KYB themselves. So, basically i can buy a set of 1G shocks/struts for my car and they will fit? Springs? I am not sure which springs to go with yet but any help would be great. thanks!

boostx

The shock and stuts are the same but the VR4 use a different spring from the 1g.
Some have user is 1g spring on the VR4 but I think you will have to cut one of them I don’t quite remember.

ktmrider

Search +struts +tel for a multitude of posts and info. Make sure to use the + symbol if not already doing so.
This topic has been beaten to death.

i just did kyb gr2 and eibach drop springs. the car feels great but the 1g springs make the back sit lower. i think cause the back of the galant is heavier than a first gen but its better than the cut springs the previous owner had on the car

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned