The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Downpipes what do you have?

charmcity

Ok Im at the stage now where Im looking for my down pipe, I remember hearing that the 2g DP's fit best with our cars. So my question is what DP's are you guys using and how well do they fit?

Thanks in advance.

kitcho

cmpe 2.5inch stainless DP, fits very well and a very well built piece.

there's even a group buy going on right now so you can save a little money.

click

good luck

Sean92AWD

CMP from tunersnation.com the fit on it is absolutely perfect. Pm Garfield Wright for more info.

Lonewolf64

I have a 2g 3inch Megan Racing ss downpipe from Summit Racing. No fitment problems here.

CMP ftw... i love the fit. 3in TBE with high flow cat that will be replaced with a test pipe for offroad use only one day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

7090b7b5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JNR

Extreme junksports 3" stainless. I will say it's a decent piece though and uses a convulated section, rather than the add on braided like most kits (those work fine, but not my preference).

thadirtybird

RRE Evo3 3" downpipe.

Armitage

Still have my old Mofugas 2.5" stainless pipe. Thinking about jumping in on the CMPE group buy pricing though for a new turbo-back.

GVR4_1057

B2 Motorsports 3" SS mandrel /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

charmcity

Thanks guys I would also like to know how each of them fit and what do you rate the finish. Thanks.

IncorpoRatedX

megan for 2G AWD without cat.

pachood_1953

I made mine.. A 2.5 inch flange from RRE, a mandrel 90* bend, and a stick of pipe, back to right around the rear doors where it goes into a flex section, a 45* bend, ~2.5 foot section of pipe past the pumpkin, 45* into the muffler.

Technically, my "downpipe" cost me about 40 bucks, and was the easiest part of the exhaust to build. The only thing thats a little goofy about it was that I didnt weld it EXACTLY straight off the flange, the flange is just slightly cocked.

304L Stainless-Steel 2.5" O2 housing -to- 3" Stainless-Steel DP.

All V-band connections, TIG welded meself. Only cost me $150 in parts and Argon.

God, I love TIG welding!

Quoting charmcity:
Thanks guys I would also like to know how each of them fit and what do you rate the finish. Thanks.

10 out of 10 on the fit and finish of the certified. It goes in nicely and with my jmf o2 housing its a perfict combo.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts